5 days left
- Full Time
Highways Engineer - Global Consultancy - £30k to £35k plus package.
Your new company
One of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies who have vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others follow and to deliver the future of mobility today.
Getting close to the heart of their clients, they have a number of lead roles on major programmes for Highways England, TfL, Network Rail, as well as being at the centre of major projects like High Speed 2, Crossrail and Heathrow airport expansion.
You will be responsible for designing elements of significant highway infrastructure projects with values of up to £80million, delivering to the highest technical standards and quality targets. You will be a competent designer with proven ability who takes ownership and responsibility for design solutions.
Current workload includes significant projects in London and across southern England for strategic highways and local authority clients. You will be responsible to the Project Manager for providing robust technical solutions that meet Client ambitions and exceed their expectations.
Your new role
Working in partnership with Business Group Leaders and Project Managers, these engineers will focus on project delivery and technical excellence. In addition to technical delivery of designs, you will be significantly involved in tendering new works and supporting business relationships through interacting with our Clients. Experience with stakeholders is essential.
* Delivery of highways design technical excellence
* Project management of highway scheme design, delivering the required quality to time and budget
* Assistance in the management and delivery of bids
* Major stakeholder management
* To maintain and develop excellent professional relationships which can secure repeat business
* Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focussed manner
* Client, programme and financial management of projects
* Mentoring and supporting the development of the team.
What you'll need to succeed
* Appropriate academic and professional qualifications, including Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and Member of relevant Professional Institution.
* Significant experience in Highway Engineering design delivering technical solutions to Public and Private sector clients.
* Experience of working with our key clients, i.e. Highways England, Local Authorities and major contractors.
* Good knowledge of national design standards particularly the Highways England Design Manual for Roads & Bridges.
* Applies broad professional knowledge and experienced judgement staff
* Able to present own technical work and that of colleagues on the project
* Building relationships with a growing set of clients, networking and promoting the Company
* Successful in identifying and following through on leads associated with new and existing clients
* Able to realistically estimate fees for project bids across a range of expertise
* Clear knowledge of BMS work procedures, and ability to brief project team on them
* Producing designs with due consideration to the construction phase
* Understanding of project governance and processes for Highways England and Local Authorities.
* An effective team member able to apply knowledge gained across a broad range of disciplines
* Understanding of People Management issues and can conduct staff development and appraisals
* Technical supervision and mentoring of other staff
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and a first class progression programme to get to Senior level. They are flexible on location and have teams in London, Croydon and Essex so happy to consider applicants in various locations. A first class package of benefits and the chance to work as part of a growing stable business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Highways Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly