At Robert West our vision is to provide high levels of service to long term client relationships with an approach based on practical and commercially focused advice.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time with a new team of Directors expanding our strategy and a great team ethos to take us forward.
Our CAD team provide a vital role to the smooth delivery of our services – if you’re experienced, effective and customer focused this could be the role for you.
The role will involve working on a variety of size projects with a typical range of work incorporating:
• modifications to station entrances
• platform replacements to viaduct stations
• small structural items detailed design
• reinforced concrete slabs
• site issues and queries
• design and assessment of larger structures such as civil design for major Network Rail line upgrades
• temporary works encompassing cofferdams and construction processes
You will undertake drafting in various structural materials, developing structural layouts, rail scheme drawings, structural detailed design and marine structures. This will involve developing sections straight from plans, thinking through structures and how they fit together, considering buildability as you progress, suggesting alternatives to the engineer and providing advice on drawing planning and programming.
The qualification, skills, experience and approach you will need to have to fulfil this role as a minimum are:
• HND in Construction & Built Environment (Civil Engineering)
• AutoCAD experience in creating and amending 2D drawings – create multiline text, leaders, objects, tables – use dimensions, layouts, revisions clouds, dynamic blocks, X-refs, layers, annotative scales and UCS
• Experience of complying with Quality Management Systems
• Ability to work independently, seeing tasks through to completion with minimal input
• A questioning approach, using your initiative where appropriate
• A strong team player
In addition, experience in AutoCAD of design centre, data linking and extraction, dynamic blocks, fields, lisp routines, parametric constraints and 3D modelling would be advantageous as would experience of Bentley Microstation, Projectwise and Revit.
What we offer
• An environment which seeks to produce only the highest quality solutions for our clients
• Central London office location
• Competitive salary, 24 days holiday per annum, 5% employers matched pension contribution, Group Income Protection Plan, professional membership subscription, private medical care option, training, discounted products and services.
Apply for CAD Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly