ICE Nuclear Conference 2015
Published: 02 Jun 2015
The Institution of Civil Engineers is pleased to announce that the second ICE Nuclear conference will take place on 17 July 2015.
As the UK faces a substantial loss of generating capacity, energy security continues to be pushed to the forefront of the Government and energy industry’s agenda.
Civil Engineers have the ability to act as a bridge between policy, industry and society. The conference will provide a forum for discussion between parties from all sides of the spectrum (government, construction, supply-chain, associations) and a hub in which knowledge transfer can occur, through the presentation of national and international projects, case studies, best practices and success and failures.
Attendees will be from across all aspects of nuclear including operations, engineering, construction firms, those engaged in decommissioning, regulation, manufacturers, nuclear new build equipment suppliers, nuclear research facilities, and a number of specialist companies including consultancies and legal firms.
- Hear comprehensive analysis of policy and investment and funding strategies
- Enjoy detailed presentations of UK and international build and decommission projects
- Attend dedicated sessions to enhance workforce skills and guarantee excellence in health and safety
- Learn from focused presentations covering the legal and commercial issues of nuclear contracts
- Engage in thought provoking discussion, helping to redefine the role of civil engineers in the nuclear industry