Quantity surveyor - Tier 1 Main Civil Engineering Contractor
Salary and Benefits:
£40,000 - £45,000
Company Car - or equivalent allowance
Private Health Care
Our Client is one of the UK's largest Civil Engineering and Construction companies in Europe, with substantial growth into the infrastructure and rail markets in the last decade, and a substantial forward order book of major projects covering the next 8 years. They have an envious training and development team and are currently attracting some of the brightest and most promising Quantity Surveyors in the industry.
In the UK, there principal market sectors are Rail, Roads, Building, Civil Engineering and Utilities.
A Major Central London Station Upgrade - The Commercial team are looking to strengthen the team with an established Quantity Surveyor. The role will require the commercial management of one or more of the sub contract packages including contract administration (NEC A/C) payments, correspondence, valuation of variations up and downstream, cost to complete, reporting etc.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities
- Cost and Value management
- Assist with preparation, maintenance and agreement of Project accounts
- Assist with providing commercial and financial reporting information
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures in respect of Commercial activities
- Subcontract procurement and management
- Assist with claims management
- Assist with control of project documentation
- Recording and assisting with management of change
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related construction subject
- Relevant commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation
Successful applicants will ideally be MRICS or will gain our full support whilst they progress to APC with either a track record of delivery or be in a position to demonstrate a level of experience that provides a sound footing for the next stage of career development.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.