Senior Quantity Surveyor
My client are currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a major station redevelopment.
This is an ideal opportunity to be involved in a fast moving and challenging project.
The project is a estimated value of £800 million, and has now moved into the fit out stage.
You will be reporting directly into a commercial manager on a section of this large project. You will be looking after build and fit out packages, with a value of up to £60 million.
- To maximise and protect the company's commercial position by management of the commercial and administrative functions in respect of a project or series of projects;
- Management and administration of alternative pay mechanisms;
- Provision of commercial support and guidance to direct reports and contract team as required.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities
- Preparation and review of target costs;
- Cost and Value management;
- Provide commercial and financial information for month end reporting;
- Procurement and management of supply chain;
- Management of direct reports, to include annual performance reviews;
- Settlement of internal and external accounts;
- Preparation of Commercial documentation and agreements;
- Ensure compliance with Skanska standards and procedures in respect of commercial activities;
- Risk management;
- Control of project documentation;
- Management and recording of changes;
- Ad hoc commercial duties as job requires;
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related construction subject;
- Demonstrable civil engineering experience preferably with a contracting organisation, particularly under the NEC suite;
- Preferably qualified or working to an ICES or RICS accreditation;
- Desirable to have a background looking after build and fit out packages
- Word / Excel / Contracting IT systems
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.