Structural Engineer (Surveys & Small Works)
A Structural Engineer is required by this medium sized firm of multi-disciplinary consultants to join their Surveys and Small Works team. The role will be based from their office in Sidcup, Kent. The ideal candidate should have multiple years experience within a design consultancy, with good team work skills and communication skills as you will be dealing with tenants and clients.
Key Job Activities:
Undertake structural surveys of primarily housing and government buildings:
- Visit site to observe defects
- Prepare a report identifying defect, probable cause and any remediation required
- Arranging opening up works, geotechnical investigations, CCTV surveys and materials testing as required to conclude advice
Structural design of small works that may include:
- Internal structural alterations
- Appraisal of existing structures
- Site inspections during the works to ensure compliance with specification
You must have experience of undertaking the work described in the Key Job Activities, with good knowledge of construction types and methods in most materials.
Car driver is essential.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.