Utilities Surveyor / Services Locator
I am currently recruiting for a Utilities Surveyor / Services Locator to work on a £1bn framework in London for one of UK's most reputable main contractors. This opportunity will suit someone who has experience in locating underground services or someone from a surveying background with knowledge of services location.
You will be joining a well established team and working in a fast paced environment on high profile projects. Being apart of a UK Top 10 Main Contractor, you will be pushed for career development and highly invested in to ensure there is constant progression.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting an underground survey of the excavation area using the RD 8000 CAT Scanner.
- Locating and clearly marking the position of services on the ground.
- Ensuring that all excavations are carried out as per Industry Service Protection procedures.
- Ensuring the correct equipment are calibrated and tested and are available on site and are fit for use.
- Notifying the Service Coordinator and Manager responsible for the works if any unknown service is discovered.
- Inspecting the works on a regular basis to ensure that the permit to excavate procedure is obeyed, and if not satisfied with the control measures in place stop work until problems have been resolved.
- Ensuring that those responsible for on-site supervision receive full details of the services including drawings, permits and any limitations / restrictions.
- Ensuring that the activity specific location drawing provided for reference by the Services Coordinator is up to date and advise the Services Coordinator of any deviations from records.
- Preparing permit to excavate as delegated by the service coordinator.
For this role you will need:
- Ideally a QCF Level 5 in Utility Surveying, but not essential.
- Previous experience of service location.
- Valid CSCS card.
- Ability to conduct full site services surveys including trial hole and pit surveys.
- Knowledge of method statements in such a way as to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Experience with GPS surveying.
- Knowledge of the use of ground penetrating radar.
Note: All applications are kept extremely confidential and contact will be established with you before submission of your CV to my client.
If you feel you would meet the criteria and would like to pursue this further, please apply by clicking below.
If you would like to add me on LinkedIn and be kept up to date with the latest civil engineering projects and positions please click here:
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.