Senior Structural Engineer
This multi-disciplinary global consultancy specialising in the Water and Natural Resources sector are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their small structural design team which includes water, building and retaining structures and is based in High Wycombe. The ideal candidate for this role must be determined, dynamic and have a drive to achieve excellence.
The role will involve:
- Undertaking structural design of industrial projects including Energy, Petrochemical and associated building structures.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare technical reports.
- Provide technical expertise in structural design to meet project needs.
- Undertake structural design of infrastructure projects as required.
- Reviewing the work of others and mentor less senior members of the team.
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues and have full regard for health and safety requirements.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- A Chartered or Incorporated Member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IStructE/ICE
- Experienced in Structural Engineering with a good level of practical design experience using Eurocodes
- Have recent practical experience of CSC Fastrak Building Designer or other similar analysis and design software.
- Ability to integrate into a team and provide technical management over other members of the structural design team.
- Experienced level of design decision making.
- Experienced working with Contractors during design and construction phases.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the UK.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral.
- Excellent client service focus.
- Exceptional organisational skills and able to multi-task.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.