I am currently seeking a General Foreman for an engineering project in Bedfordshire area for a top 10 civil engineering main contractor.
The contractor is a specialist in civil engineering working on Highways and Infrastructure projects Bedfordshire. You will be required to provide operational management of plant operatives and site employees whilst ensuring efficient and effective delivery of the site programme.
Foreman will need to be familiar and experienced with the following:
- To promote safe working practices and ensure safety compliance in line with company standards.
- Allocate site resources efficiently to construct & deliver assigned work to meet project deadlines.
- Calculate area, volume, quantities, weights and measures for materials required at site.
- Experienced at understanding and explaining drawing specifications.
- To communicate information to site management and engineers on methods and programmes to enable timely completion of the works.
- Monitor progress of works against programme.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the Client, colleagues, general public and other third Parties.
- Experience in civil engineering.
- Technical ability.
- Ability to focus on targets and practical solutions.
- Good communication skills with all levels of the workforce.
- Self-Motivated with the ability to drive improvements.
- Valid CSCS Card
- SMSTS or SSSTS
Note: All applications are kept extremely confidential and contact will be established with you before submission of your CV to my client.
If you feel you would meet the criteria and would like to pursue this further, please apply by clicking below.
If you would like to add me on LinkedIn and be kept up to date with the latest civil engineering projects and positions please click here:
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.