Civil Design Engineer
A Senior Civil Design Engineer is required to join this well established, leading firm of consulting civil and structural engineers with over 100 employees, offering a nationwide service to the construction industry from several offices across the UK. The office is 10 minutes walking distance from the station in East London (E11)
The firm offers a range of specialist services, all integrated to best serve the needs of the clients in the market sectors in which they operate. They have highly qualified and experienced engineering professionals across the country. Members of the firm are frequently called upon for their expert advice on complex structural issues.
Combined with their in-depth knowledge of the market sectors in which they operate, the firm has the resources to undertake any size or scale of project, using the most advanced design techniques and the latest, most cost effective and sustainable materials technology. Projects include buildings design in the education, residential, commercial and industrial sectors. They tend to win loyalty from their staff and pride themselves on long serving members.
The ideal candidate for this role should have working experience within a design consultancy as well as:
- Understanding of foul and surface water drainage network design and the factors affecting those designs
- Understanding of highway layouts both horizontal and vertical
- Experience in the use of design standards such as Sewers for Adoption, the design Manual for Roads and Bridges etc
- Awareness of flood risk assessments
- Competency in the use of AutoCAD
- Be able to assist in the preparation of designs, calculations, specifications and reports
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Be Chartered or nearing this status with a relevant professional body (ICE)
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a well established, reputable firm who offer the opportunity to work on exciting projects. The company offer a flexible salary commensurate with experience as well as a good benefits package.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.