New Product Development Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading insulation and construction product manufacturers. There is a clear development strategy and future prospects for growth are bright for the business. This opportunity represents an excellent chance for a high calibre candidate to make a significant impact at a key stage of that growth plan within an expanding operation.
- A well-known brand name in its markets, established over 40 years ago, and with a reputation for quality and innovation.
- A network of manufacturing sites across the UK to service its customer base.
- A track record of ongoing investment to pioneer research and development in insulation products, along with success as a funding winner in Government sponsored competitions for innovative refurbishment products.
- Following recent changes in ownership, the company is better poised than ever to be in control of its own destiny and deliver on its growth plans.
- A newly created position, to primarily project manage new product development and provide a specialist advisory and support service to internal and external customers and third parties.
- The person will be a specialist working within a team but also on their own initiative. Decisions made will have an impact on the accuracy and timelines of advice given, which in turn affect external and internal customer relations including product profitability.
- Using expertise and creativity to think through and provide solutions to development challenges and issues.
- Producing 2D and 3D electronic drawings; running thermal calculations and modelling in support of existing and new products; providing resource to undertake periodic technical investigations to understand industry technological developments.
- Candidates should preferably have an HNC/Degree in Building Studies or related subjects with experience in the construction industry or of transferable skills in product development.
- Good knowledge of office based and industry software including AutoCAD and MSOffice, together with good ability in producing 2D and 3D electronic drawings.
- A well organised individual, who is a great communicator, responsive to deadlines, and works well in a busy team environment