Senior Transport Planner - Hampshire
Our client is a leading multi office consultancy with an excellent reputation in the Transportation sector. They have a thriving Transportation division in their Hampshire office and are looking to appoint a key member of the team, a Senior Transport Planner.
They provide a wide range of transport planning and engineering advice and services ranging in scope from master-planning and feasibility studies to integrated transport systems and travel plans, designing transport infrastructure and improvement schemes for both public and private sectors.
They are involved in schemes at all stages from the initial concept stage through to design and implementation – working with planners, developers, engineers, architects and operators to develop and negotiate appropriate solutions.
As a Senior Transport Planner you will be responsible for providing technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging traffic / highways schemes.
Duties will include:
- Analyse transportation/traffic engineering projects including traffic modelling, database, spread sheet and proprietary modelling coding and interrogation
- Preparation of technical reports and presentations relating to the project as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Liaising with the Project Director / Manager and the client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project
- Taking the lead in the resolution of complex technical issues
- Document management, including drawing registers
- Degree in transport related/numeric subject (e.g. Transport, Mathematics, Geography, Civil Engineering), or equivalent
- Experience within a similar role
- You will be of an analytical mind and high level of intellect - combining excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations
A generous salary will be offered which will be dependent on ability / experience etc. together with a highly competitive benefits package.
Contact : Ian White
Willis White Associates
Recruitment Consultants to the Built Environment