Principal Infrastructure Engineer
A young and innovative engineering Practice currently working on a wide range of
projects across all sectors both in the UK and abroad. To support the Practice’s continued growth
and development we are looking to recruit a chartered civil engineer with 8+ year’s post-graduate
experience (or equivalent knowledge level) to join our team as a Principal Engineer.
Working alongside the Head of Civils, the role requires an accomplished communicator with the
ability to motivate and steer our team of junior civil engineers. The role will involve the preparation
of preliminary and detailed design of civil engineering infrastructure; including roads and drainage in
accordance with statutory requirements, national and international standards and codes of practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project managing and producing fee proposals as
well as the preparation of planning applications, compliance requirements, tender documents and
procurement of specialist surveys; monitoring construction activities and interfacing with clients and
the design team.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, works independently as well as part of a team, is enthusiastic,
friendly and has the desire to develop with us as the Practice grows.
Experience and qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Applicants must have a minimum 8+ years’ post-graduate experience working in a civil
engineering or consultancy role. Candidates who do not have 8+ years’ experience but can
demonstrate the necessary skills may apply and will be considered.
• Chartered Engineer.
• Working on development infrastructure – foul & surface water drainage design, SUDS
design, road specifications, flood risk assessments.
• Familiarity with current safety and health (construction) legislation.
• A working knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Project, Excel and Word,
Micro Drainage and Autocad.
• Knowledge of Revit, Vehicle Tracking, Civils3D and Cut & Fill Analysis would be an advantage.
Key skills, characteristics and attributes
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and build effective working
relationships while taking ownership and responsibility for designated projects.
• A proactive approach to solving problems with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
• Excellent communication and report writing skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated.
• Enthusiastic, friendly and fun.
To work on innovative projects please contact Mohamed Elgarf 02034901532 and e-mail CV to firstname.lastname@example.org