Associate Civil Infrastructure Engineer
Associate Civil Infrastructure Engineer – Birmingham - £50K-£55K + Package
A prestigious consultancy in Central Birmingham has an immediate requirement for an Associate Engineer to undertake team leadership and project management, to drive forward various civil infrastructure related commercial and residential development projects and to help develop the Company’s business.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this role will provide leadership to the Team and to ensure all projects are delivered to programme quality and budget. You will also need to develop internal team relationships and to ensure you provide support to train staff and to develop their individual skills and to encourage their personal development to promote succession planning.
Key to this role is the ability to provide a client focused service which results in on-going satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ability to prepare fee proposals based on number of hours to complete activities.
- To be commercially aware and able to lead a team of 5-10 engineers and technicians, to programme workloads and successfully deliver projects to time, budget and quality.
- To be able to forecast resource requirements.
- To provide wide ranging Highways and Infrastructure design and project management expertise to delivery multi-disciplined developments.
- To undertake business development to win new business within the unit by targeting the property sector.
- To understand and have experience of local government development criteria and policies.
- Familiar with Design Standards such as Sewers for Adoption, Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads & Bridges, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works and relevant British or European Standards.
- To be able to produce and have knowledge in the design of highways, access roads and infrastructure of projects including the design of road geometry, earthworks, pavements, drainage and underground services
- To have experience in the preparation of Contract Drawings and Specifications and the negotiation of Section 38, 278, 104 and 106 Agreements.
- Familiarity and knowledge of road design using 3D computer modelling packages such as Civils 3D, PDS and/or Bentley MX.
- Familiarity and knowledge of drainage design including piped systems, SuDS based systems familiar with storage design and computer programmes such as MicroDrainage.
- Good computer aided design skills (AutoCAD)
- Familiar and able to undertake tender and contract administration duties and settling final accounts.
- Awareness of highway and drainage law.
- Good communications skills both oral and written.
- Able to manage Client expectations.
- Able to negotiate with and influence third parties.
- Able to develop, manage and deploy plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic and effective in meeting personal, project and business goals.
- Uses analysis of relevant information and own judgement to make informed and sound decisions.
- Able to motivate and empower others in order to reach project and organisational goals. Able to assess the strengths and development needs of others and provide coaching and support to enable their development.
- Driving licence: the role will require visits to sites and to Client offices.
- Significant experience in UK development related infrastructure engineering; likely to be from a private/consultancy background.
- Civil Engineering degree or similar
- Chartered Engineer status (MICE)
To work on innovative projects with fast track career progression please contact Mohamed Elgarf and send your CV to email@example.com