Resident Highways Engineer Job paying £28ph - £34ph in Bristol
- Leading a multi-discipline professional site team including senior and junior engineers, geotechnical, environmental and other specialists and technicians and general staff
- Preparation and presentation of technical and progress reports for clients
- Adhering to the company's QSE procedures and briefing team members
- Instigating and maintaining business management systems and compilation of project specific documentation including risk assessments
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications, including Chartered/Licensed Engineer and Member of relevant Professional Institution with solid experience in the design process and supervision of construction of international highway projects.
- In depth knowledge and experience of contract management and claims management.
- Knowledge of the PPP process including principles of Concession Agreements and risk ownerships.
- Experience of highways capital works and bridge structures.
- Ability to research information and data independently and ability to corroborate facts required for the resolution of contractual problems and disputes.
- Experience of working with public sector clients and design consultancies.
- Excellent project management skills, commercial awareness, financial management skills.
- Experience of project scheduling, including resourcing, using industry standard software such as Primavera and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build relationships with clients.
- Have a valid UK driving licence.
- Competency in use of Microsoft Office suite