Technician (Civil Infrastructure) - Oxfordshire
Our client is an established and respected firm of Consulting Engineers with a wide and varied workload in the Civil / Transportation sector. They are looking to make several key staff appointments to compliment their existing, successful team.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in an appropriate subject with a minimum of 3 years post graduate experience in the Transport Planning industry. You must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills, as you will need to converse effectively with both members of your team as well as external clients.
An ability to use ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT and LINSIG would be preferred. Experience with micro-simulation traffic modelling using Paramics or VISSIM or network modelling using SATURN would be an advantage.
It would be an advantage if you had as much of the following as possible:
• Experience with Planning Appeals, Public Enquiries and Examinations in Public
• Experience with Stopping Up and Traffic Regulation Orders
• Some highway design experience.
Typically, your role will include:
• Carry out site appraisals, feasibility studies and provide pre-application advice
• Prepare Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans
• Undertake traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments
• Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities
• Oversee and co-ordinate whole projects and packages of work with minimal assistance
• Attend meetings with local authorities and / or other members of the project team
You will have excellent communication skills, be ambitious with a desire to progress your career. Our client will provide excellent ongoing training and a generous salary package. This will be negotiable depending on the individual's level of experience and ability, but likely to be in the region of £30-38,000 p.a.
Contact Ian White of Willis White Associates (Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Consultants)