Technical or Associate Director - Buildings (Structural Engineering)
Our client has an opportunity for a Technical Director with buildings experience, or an Associate looking for their next challenge to lead a range of structural engineering projects being undertaken in the UK residential and commercial sectors.
Reporting to the Director of Structural Engineering this position requires an articulate and focused individual with highly developed technical engineering, interpersonal and organisational skills. The emphasis of this role will be on winning and managing commercially viable work and offering a reliable, high-quality client focused service. This is an opportunity to be master of your own success and to reap the rewards of your efforts.
The attributes required to successfully fulfil this role are:
- Highly competent in buildings design within a consultancy engineering environment.
- Ability to manage the resources, provide leadership, mentor and motivate a team of Structural Engineers whilst interfacing with other disciplines.
- A proven track record with Developers, Architects and other client bodies at the pre-planning and planning, detailed design and construction stages of the project lifecycle
- Be commercially astute and be able to negotiate and build client relationships, win work, project manage and deliver significant projects.
- Take ownership of multiple projects ensuring financial, commercial and contractual compliance.
- Promote and champion a quality culture to achieve company goals, is committed to Continued Professional Development and keeps up to date with current trends in the industry.
Ideal candidates must have the following credentials:
- A degree (minimum 2:1) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Significant and relevant UK buildings project design engineering experience.
- A Chartered member of the Institution of Structural Engineers or appropriate professional body
This role attracts the following benefits package:
- Strong basic salary
- Performance related bonus
- Attractive pension benefits
- Death in service cover
- Accident and illness cover
- Training & Educational assistance
- Flexible Working arrangements
- Professional membership funding
- Annual Leave increases in line with service
If you are motivated by solving technically complex problems, committed to delivering real value for the clients you serve and focused on your own professional growth they believe you will hugely enjoy working for our client and be highly rewarded for the contribution you make.