Associate Director or Technical Director - Bridges
It’s an exciting time as for our client as they are creating a new Civil / Structures discipline in the UK practice to focus on bridges and other major permanent and temporary structures associated principally with the rail and highway sectors. This opportunity would suit an individual located close to Guildford or London.
Reporting to the Regional Director this position requires an articulate and focused Associate Director or Technical Director with highly developed technical engineering, interpersonal and organisational skills. The emphasis of this role will be on winning and managing commercially viable work and offering a reliable, high-quality client focused service. This is an opportunity to be master of your own success and to reap the rewards of your efforts. You will have overall responsibility for the growth, performance and engineering delivery of this section of our business.
The attributes required to successfully fulfil this role are:
- Highly competent on major civil structures and bridges projects from concept to detailed design engineering.
- Ability to prepare proposals at the feasibility, pre-planning, planning and detailed design stages.
- Able to monitor progress, resolve technical issues and provide technical direction during the development of bridge and associated structures from concept through to detailed design.
- Highly experience in aged assets projects.
- Extensive experience in the bridges sector, predominantly refurbishment experience.
- A detailed knowledge of all applicable codes of practice, design standards and health and safety regulations.
- Ability to plan, organise and manage resources, provide leadership, mentor and motivate a team of Engineers.
- Can effectively communicate with clients, colleagues, external agencies and build effective working relationships.
- Commercially astute, prepare technical and commercial bids, win work, project manage and consistently deliver significant projects to program and budget.
- Take ownership of multiple projects managing risk, ensuring financial, commercial and contractual compliance.
- Able to promote and champion a quality culture to achieve company goals, is committed to Continued Professional Development and keeps up to date with current trends in the industry.
Ideal candidates must have the following credentials:
- A degree (minimum 2:1) in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Significant and relevant UK structures project design engineering experience.
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers or appropriate professional body.
This role attracts the following benefits package:
- Strong basic salary
- Performance related bonus
- Attractive pension benefits
- Death in service cover
- Accident and illness cover
- Training & Educational assistance
- Flexible Working arrangements
- Professional membership funding
- Annual Leave increases in line with service