Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you looking to join a leading main contractor? Do you want to work on the biggest infrastructure projects in the country? Do you want to enjoy support and progression throughout your career?
This is your chance to work for the world's leading investor in large infrastructure projects. Offering end-to-end project capability in design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance, your career will be secure, varied and progressive.
This senior quantity surveyor opportunity will see you becoming involved in major, complex, multidisciplinary design and construction projects around in the UK, with opportunities to work across the world in sectors including rail, highways, tunnels, marine, airport and energy.
Flagship projects in the UK include:
- HS2 Enabling Works
- Thames Tideway Tunnel
- Motorway Improvements
- London Underground
- You will provide advice and guidance to Managers on achieving value for money in running a £35 million civil engineering project
- You will implement rigorous measurement and certification of subcontract works
- Ensure that the contractor have correctly valued the works to deliver contractual entitlement as well as delivering the necessary controls to provide accurate cost capture and reconciliation.
- You will prepare comparisons of cost with value across all schemes, activities and value streams as well as developing strategies to enhance performance and deliver best value to the client.
- Degree qualification desired (MRICS accredited or equivalent)
- Experience working with NEC type of contracts for main contractors
- Experienced in civil engineering, airports, rail, energy, superstructure or highway works
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Awareness of industry issues
- Good health and safety awareness
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
If this sounds like you, please send your CV to Lucy Denham or call 0203 6800 650.
Note: All applications are kept confidential and contact will be established with you before submission of your CV to any client.
If you feel you would meet the criteria and would like to pursue this further, please apply by clicking below.
If you would like to add me on LinkedIn and be kept up to date with the latest civil engineering projects and commercial positions please click here:
For any more information please call Lucy Denham on 0203 6800 650.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.