Development Consent Order Managers or Workstream Leads
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee major events & infrastructure programmes of work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
We are looking for a range of professionals at different levels of experience to undertake responsibility for advising clients and for managing or helping to manage the delivery of Development Consent Orders (DCO).
The offer will be to a high value service to infrastructure clients managing the pre-construction delivery of projects and programmes, in particular the delivery risks of DCO applications
Responsibilities would include some of the following:
- Provide strategic and professional advice and input managing the delivery of Development Consent Orders (DCOs).
- Manage or help to manage the Development Consent Order application within a defined timescale including logistical and production considerations.
- Manage the input of multi-disciplinary technical teams into the pre-application development, the DCO application and the examination submissions.
- Lead, motivate and manage staff to work to their highest potential and consistency in order to ensure that the Development Consent Order is effectively managed
- Liaise with consultees and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of the DCO.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent stakeholder management with the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Good understanding of Development Consent Order application process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which are utilised to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership and management experience for more senior positions.
- Knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Knowledge of project collaboration software and systems
- Works collaboratively and has experience of working in an integrated multi-disciplinary team in a challenging consenting environment.
- Able to prioritise and deliver at pace, understanding what’s required to achieve accelerated delivery
- Applicants will be welcome from people with either client or supply chain background, professional experience can be general project management, town planning, legal, property or management of the delivery of design or environmental workstreams through the DCO consenting regime.
- Consideration will also be given to candidates who don’t have direct DCO experience but can demonstrate a strong track record in management and delivery through other consenting regimes
Preferable - Membership of a relevant professional body or working toward this.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer