Reporting to the Principal/Project Engineer you will take on a key role within our civil/ground engineering department, running and delivering your own projects from inception through to construction or forming part of a larger team to deliver schemes on time and budget.
You will also be responsible for keeping time sheet records, producing invoicing details and producing fee quotations for potential projects as they come into the office.
Day to Day Duties:
- Delivering civil engineering design and detailing of projects either on your own or as part of a wider team.
- If required working with our Structures and Geotechnical departments to deliver projects.
- Travelling to, and attending sites, including domestic properties for the purposes of survey works, inspections, monitoring works, meetings, etc.
- Working with industry partners/teams i.e. Architect, Contractors, Local Authority and Environment Agency Engineers etc. to deliver projects to suit the client’s requirements.
- Act in a professional manner at all times and build relationships with clients, consultants, contractors etc. and JGP staff.
- Be responsible for your own time keeping to ensure working hours are adhered to.
- Ensuring projects are designed to comply with current design codes and regulations.
- Ensuring projects and site works comply with current Health and Safety requirements (CDM 2015) and industry standards whilst promoting a culture of awareness with your fellow colleagues and wider project teams.
- Carry out other duties within the Civils department or office as a whole that may reasonably be asked of you.
- Keep up with industry innovations, attend CPD/training courses to maintain a good knowledge of current construction & engineering practice.
Skills and Attributes:
- You will be capable of working individually or as part of a wider team either as lead engineer or assisting others.
- Be conversant in the use of the following design software packages Microdrainage, PDS, Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You will be fully conversant in the use of Autodesk such that you can produce construction quality design and detail drawings.
- You will have a good grasp of English sufficient to communicate issues to clients or other project team members.
- You will be punctual, professional and highly motivated.
- You will be able to design using the SUDs Manual, the DfT Manual for Streets, knowledge of DMRB and be familiar with the related British Standards and Eurocodes or be willing to learn the application of these codes where not fully conversant.
- Full driving licence is essential.
You will have a relevant engineering degree with a minimum of 2/5 years post graduate experience within an engineering design consultancy. Ideally you will be working towards becoming an Incorporated Member of ICE, however this is not essential.
What we Offer
JGP pride ourselves on our open friendly working atmosphere and approachable board of directors. We offer a competitive salary, 28 days paid leave each year (1st Jan – 31st Dec) in addition to public holidays, pension scheme, public parking permit, training and yearly performance appraisal, which feeds into salary review.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week - Monday to Friday
Type: Full Time, Permanent, following an initial six-month probation period