Position Type: Full Time ( 37.5 hrs )
Role and Responsibilities
The Technical Director has overall responsibility for all decision making within the Department. The Technical Director will set the culture of the department, develop strategy and direction for the team and lead the Engineers and will report directly to the Managing Director.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison with Organisations and Clients for which the Company conducts work, including the involvement in design of new projects, as applicable.
- To assume technical and administrative responsibility for the preparation of quality plans, scheme programs, estimates, assessments and design work, contract documents, tender invitation and tender assessments.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring bids, resource schedules and targets.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring the Permanent Works Departments workload programs to ensure contract deadlines are adhered to.
- Invoicing clients on a monthly basis for project in hand.
- Business Development
- Responsibility for the Department's profit or loss
- Team motivation and guidance together with staff appraisals and identify specific training needs.
- Client Entertainment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered status
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- A sound knowledge of engineering design principles
- A knowledge of material properties
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Good problem-solving skills
- Creative flair