Senior Structural Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Structural Engineer to join this Structural Design Consultancy who put a creative approach on Engineering. You will be based in their London, SE1 office alongside a fun and sociable team. The projects you will be working on range from £50K domestic extensions to £100 million commercial schemes.
You will be required to deliver accurate structural engineering solutions appropriate to the stage and type of project under consideration, including managing a small group of Engineers and Technicians and deputising for the Associate Director / Team Leader in their absence. You will be helping to achieve repeat work for all Clients / Architects and be able to provide good training to other people in your team.
You should be able to liaise with Architects, Clients and the rest of the design team to ensure an efficient and integrated structural solution that is sensitive to the architectural intent. Ideally you would be able to work well across traditional boundaries as part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary team. This role requires somebody with good communication skills as you will be attending design team and client meetings. You should have experience in all the main materials (concrete, steel, timber and masonry) as well as strong technical knowledge.
- To meet deadlines and programmes agreed with project design team and Associate Director.
- Demonstrate expert structural engineering knowledge and motivate and inspire others.
- Personally carry out and organise calculations necessary to justify structural solutions.
- Carry out drawings, details and specifications necessary to describe the structural arrangement.
- Where appropriate produce physical scaled models of projects.
- Specify the necessary opening up and / or site investigation to properly assess the existing ground conditions and superstructure.
- Ensure the high standard of presentation is maintained in all documents issued.
- Encourage innovation in approach to engineering solutions.
- Prepare fee letters for new projects, (to be approved by Associate Director prior to issue).
- Ensure that written appointment is received from Clients referring to the fee letter on all projects prior to any meaningful work being undertaken
- Ensure that all disbursements are charged to the relevant jobs and added to monthly invoices.
- Follow all office procedures and systems as instructed by Associate Director.
- Organise the accurate production and issue of invoices for postholder's projects and complete monthly summary sheets.
- Keep accurate records of outstanding debts and of all communications with Clients in order to get paid
- Ensure a complete backup is carried out weekly on computer data.
- Draft fee proposals for new projects for discussion with Team Leader.
- Report and discuss changes in the scope of works on all projects with Team Leader.
- Produce invoicing forecast sheets twice a month for discussion with Team Leader
- Supervise and monitor all work by others to maintain a high standard of product at all times.
- Report shortcomings or possible improvements in the system to Team Leader
Competitive salary, benefits package and opportunities for career progression are available in this growing practice.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.