Civil infrastructure Project Engineer
Job Title: Civil Project Engineer
Job Location: Office at London SE1
Responsible to: Head of Civils
Hours of work: 40 hours (core hours 10.00am – 4.00pm)
Salary: Based on experience
We are a young and innovative engineering Practice currently working on a wide range of
projects across all sectors both in the UK and abroad. To support the Practice’s continued growth
and development we are looking to recruit a civil engineer with 5 years post-graduate experience (or
equivalent knowledge level) to join our team of design engineers.
The role will involve the preparation of preliminary design and detailed design of civil engineering
infrastructure including roads and drainage in accordance with statutory requirements, national and
international standards and codes of practice. The successful candidate will assist in the preparation
of planning applications, compliance requirements, tender documents and procurement of specialist
surveys; managing smaller scale projects, monitoring construction activities and interfacing with
public and private clients.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, works independently as well as part of a team, is enthusiastic,
friendly and has the desire to develop with us as the Practice grows.
Experience and qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Applicants must have a minimum 5 years post-graduate experience working in a civil
engineering or consultancy role. Candidates who do not have 5 years’ experience but can
demonstrate the necessary skills may apply and will be considered.
• Chartered Engineer.
• Working on development infrastructure – Foul & surface water drainage design, SUDS
design, road specifications, flood risk assessments.
• Managing projects from concept through to construction.
• Familiarity with current safety and health (construction) legislation.
• A working knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Project, Excel and Word,
Micro Drainage and Autocad.
• Knowledge of Revit, Vehicle Tracking and Cut & Fill Analysis would be an advantage.
Key skills, characteristics and attributes
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and build effective working
relationships while taking ownership and responsibility for designated projects
• A proactive approach to solving problems with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
• Excellent communication and report writing skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Capable of managing projects
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated
• Enthusiastic, friendly and fun
The consultancy is a diverse collection of structural and civil engineers with a shared passion for
We are a young and innovative Practice who encourage original thinking and provide the freedom
for everyone to develop and learn in a fun and creative environment.
Please contact Mohamed
Apply for Civil infrastructure Project Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly