Project Engineer and Assistant Project Engineer
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer (Senior Design Engineer) and Assistant Project Engineer (Design Engineer) and to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary of £30,283 - £42,160 (Senior) or 21,521 - £30,583 (Assistant) dependent on experience.
We are based in Nottinghamshire, England, providing expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining. The Coal Authority's Public Safety and Subsidence Team manage over 1000 new projects every year relating to the historic liabilities of the Coal Mining industry throughout the UK. Additionally, the team manages 41 spoil tips owned by the Authority. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to expand our services, providing advice and services to governments and public bodies in the UK and overseas.
Depending on the role you will have the required qualifications and skills:
Have a civil/structural engineering degree (BEng or MEng) or equivalent experience
- Experience/exposure in civil/structural engineering design
- The ability to supervise contractors & consultants
- Member of appropriate professional body (or working towards)
- Experience/exposure of project, risk and contract management
- Knowledge of construction Health & Safety
- Project management skills
- Effective decision making
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to assimilate information and analyse data
- Team Working / Interpersonal relationship skills
- Computer literacy
Why join us?
When it comes to finding and keeping the best people, we make sure we’ve got plenty to offer you in return. We want our people to feel great about coming to work and we hope we give them every reason to go the extra mile. That’s why along with the scope to develop new skills and have an exciting and satisfying career, we also offer –
- Civil Service Pension Scheme – a new employee earning between £22,501- £45,000 will pay 5.45% of their Monthly Gross Basic Salary into their pension and we will pay 20.9% plus any contributions from the HMRC
- Excellent supported personal development opportunities
- Generous holiday allowance of 27.5 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-time – our core hours are 10.00am-12.00pm and 2.00pm-4.00pm but the hours either side can be worked flexibly. You can also earn an extra 6 days holiday a year through our flexi system
- Flexibility to work from home
- Family friendly initiatives, including a childcare voucher scheme
- Health friendly initiatives, including ‘Cycle to work’ scheme and an annual ‘MOT’ medical
- Free parking on site
- Free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
As well as the great benefits and incentives, once you start, you’ll get an induction into the business and time to spend with our teams to find out everything you need to know about our journey so far.
If you feel you would be a success as either one of our Senior or Assistant Project Managers then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!