Principal Civil and Structural Design Engineer
As a Principal Civil and Structural Design Engineer, you will be involved in leading the Intelligent Customer capability relating to the technical design, substantiation and modification of all infrastructure operated by the Submarines business.
You would be supporting nuclear and conventional facility projects, modification, maintenance and operations, and you would be ensuring the safe and successful delivery of new build and modified facilities and infrastructure.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Define the appropriate infrastructure design standards, processes and techniques necessary to meet statutory and corporate obligations placed on the Submarines business.
- Provide, in conjunction with other Design Authorities, design review activities independent from project delivery relating to conventional and nuclear facilities, structures and associated infrastructure within the Submarines business.
- Ensure the Submarines business meets its statutory obligations by putting in place sufficient and suitable arrangements to deliver its Intelligent Customer for infrastructure design, modification and operation.
- Ensure that key personnel undertaking infrastructure design duties are Suitably Qualified and Experienced Persons (SQEP).
- Provide technical advice regarding the stewardship of the estate infrastructure and provide input into the estate development plan and asset management arrangements.
- Educated to degree level and holding professional registration (CEng) with an appropriate professional body (e.g. Institution of Civil Engineers).
- Experienced in the multi-disciplinary design, construction and operation of nuclear and conventional facilities and infrastructure within the UK, ideally including experience of undertaking and assessing seismic design of facilities.
- Familiarity with relevant ONR Safety Assessment Principles (SAPs), Technical Assessment Guides (TAGs) and with Nuclear Site Licensing Conditions and other regulatory requirements.
- Experience of contributing to Nuclear Safety Assurance processes, technical Engineering Substantiation and knowledge of safety case production.
- Familiarisation with latest related Euro Codes, British Standards, Codes of Practice and Guidance Documents.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create an ocean of power. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject of full UK security clearance.