Managing Quantity Surveyor
Position: Managing Quantity Surveyor
Location: Havant, Hampshire
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 + Company Car + All Travel Paid + Pension + Healthcare + 25 days annual leave
Are you poised for growth and success? This is your chance to join one of the UK's leading construction groups who will match your ambition!
This Managing Quantity Surveyor will be working on a large Water Framework. You must be well versed in NEC3.
Company: A FTSE 250 listed business, established for over 100 years and working on some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects.
Project: 5 year Non-Infrastructure Water Framework
Managing Quantity Surveyor Duties include:
- Management and control of commercial aspects of projects
- Encouragement and creation of a teamwork culture, recognising the responsibilities of the line management structure
- Responsibility for the quantity surveying functions
- Assistance in the procurement of subcontracts
- To maximise profitability working within the requirements of the conditions of contract
- Participation in the management of the team including management of resource levels, providing direction, leadership, and assessing the training and development requirements of quantity surveying staff
- Provision of commercial expertise
- Provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the management team
- Maintain commercial information to the contract
- Relevant experience covering commercial management, quantity surveying, project management and estimating services, and a sound understanding of commercial risk analysis and assessment
- Solid understanding of NEC3 conditions of contract
- Knowledge and experience of cost and value reporting, cash flow forecasting
- Contract claims experience
- Procurement of subcontractors
- Experience of supervising quantity surveying staff
- Experienced in negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating to customers and suppliers
- Experienced in the management of staff, including managing performance development and following disciplinary procedures.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary
- Fantastic employee benefits package
- Fast paced environment
- Exposure on exciting construction projects
Sound like your DREAM JOB? Submit your CV or contact Lauren Jenkins at Randstad CPE London. Not quite right for you but perfect for a friend? - Refer someone now and get £200* if we place them!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.