ASSOCIATE / PRINCIPAL TRANSPORT PLANNER
Our client is a leading consultancy, keen to appoint a Transport Planner at either Associate or Principal level to join their development planning team in South West England.
The team work on a wide range of challenging projects, from major residential regeneration schemes to town centre re-developments, retail and commercial developments, and small scale residential developments. In addition, the position will also span the planning and delivery of sustainable transport schemes. There will be some involvement with several local authority clients.
The successful person will be degree qualified in a relevant subject, and ideally have achieved chartered status, although this is not essential. Significant experience though will have been gained in a development planning consultancy environment, with a sound knowledge of :-
(1) The provision of strategic advice to clients on development investment decisions and strategies, in relation to transport and other engineering factors
(2) Transport Assessments, Travel Plan formulation and delivery, and a good understanding of sustainability principles
(3) Management of projects and their delivery in line with time scales and quality standards
(4) Preparation of evidence for Appeal Inquiry and Examinations in Public
(5) Application of design guides and best practice for transport planning and traffic engineering
(6) Some experience in business development and bid preparation
(7) Good interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to manage people and oversee projects effectively
(8) Commercial awareness, and the ability to financially manage projects.
It is also expected that candidates will have experience in staff / team mentoring, and a sound knowledge of relevant transportation software such as Junctions 9 (ARCADY, PICADY), LinSig, TRICS etc.
An understanding of the principles underpinning micro-simulation and strategic models/modelling would be very helpful.
This is a relatively senior appointment within our client's main transport planning team, and offers excellent future prospects to the ambitious person.
The basic salary is negotiable, but expected to be somewhere in the range of £42-56,000 p.a. depending on the level of the appointment, plus an excellent choice of flexible benefits.
Want to find out more? Then please telephone Peter Wills for a confidential chat on the opportunities available, or email him your CV and he'll contact you by return. All contact / discussions are in complete confidence.
At Peter James & Partners we respect your privacy and take extraordinary care in the handling of your CV and other information we obtain from you. We will not send any of your details, nor approach our client on your behalf in respect of this vacancy, without discussing it with you first and obtaining your permission to do so.
All our services to candidates are FREE and completely CONFIDENTIAL. In the event of Peter James & Partners successfully placing you, our client will pay us a pre-agreed fee for doing so.
(Office) : +44 (0)1425 479 910
E-mail : peter@PJPrecruit.com
Web : www.PJPrecruit.com
Please quote Ref.No.: PJP2664