As part of our growth plans in the Yorkshire region our Transportation Division is seeking a Technician to support the Leeds office, in the delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary highway projects. This will include working for Highways England, Local Authorities and a number of Design and Build Contractors.
The type of work you can expect to be involved with will include working on both new build and maintenance schemes, and is likely to involve the full life cycle of a project; concept, feasibility, design and construction.
Ideally you’ll have a background in supporting design and delivery for a range of highway engineering / infrastructure projects. The role will also require an ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of project teams but also under your own initiative as appropriate.
• Production of drawings using the AutoCAD suite and other relevant software
• Assisting with site surveys and other site activities
• Supporting engineers with the development of design solutions
• Liaising with customers in a responsive and client focused manner
• Liaison with clients and attendance at client meetings as required
• Input to preparation and presentation of progress and technical reports for discussion at meetings
• Responsible for completion of assigned tasks to time and cost
• Adhering to the company’s QSSE (Quality, Health & Safety, Security and Environment) procedures
• Ensuring compliance with CAD standards set in the company’s Drawing Manual
• Taking responsibility for own development of new skills and mentoring of others
• A BTEC/HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering subject
• Experience of working in a highway infrastructure environment
• Experience of preparing engineering sketches and plans from conception through to construction
• Proficient in the use of MS Office software, AutoCAD and other related software packages
• Ability to produce drawings containing 3D information
• Proven ability to deliver work within set timeframes
• Knowledge of Civils 3D and/or Highway design software
• Knowledge of the current HE standards and conversant with and / or knowledge of the DMRB
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• A team player, dedicated to the delivery of projects
• Works to personally set deadlines with minimal supervision
• Confident and professional manner
• Able to use initiative and has a desire to improve
We’ll value you for exceeding expectations and delivering innovative solutions that nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards and development opportunities.
• Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
• Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.