Senior Civil Engineer (Airfield Design), Warrington, UK
We are looking for a civil superintendent to strengthen and grow the airports engineering team in Warrington. To enhance the team to meet delivery and business growth targets.
The principal function of this position is to contribute to multi-disciplinary airport design/ engineering teams for a broad client base.
This is a senior engineer project delivery/management role, contributing engineering and skills to Aviation-sector projects and proposals. Strengthening the company's market reputation through excellent project delivery.
The individual will be expected to Widen the team base in response to work stream demands, team progression and promotions. The position reports to the Team Leader of Aviation based in Warrington and work with many Project Managers.
Key responsibilities of this role:
• Engineering delivery and management of projects and proposals
• Participation in various large and small project team
• Participates in internal and external technical and professional activities
• Uses technological advances to improve quality, results and efficiency
• Be responsible for delivering assigned tasks for airport design and development
• Plan and manage project and proposal team resources
• Project financial forecasting, reporting and control
• Technical oversight to aviation projects
• Bid leadership
• Proactive approach to team and self career development
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Experience at a senior engineer/engineer level within the airports environment
• Knowledge and experience of the airports market
• Knowledge and experience of the design, definition and delivery of airports projects
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
• Degree in civil engineering or equivalent
• MICE Chartered Engineer status
• Strong ethics
• Computer skills (MS office, particularly, word, excel, project and powerpoint)
• Proficiency in spoken and written English
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
The CH2M Foundation is renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner ‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’. We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.