Are you a chartered Geotechnical Engineer? Looking to work in the fabulous city of Manchester or North Wales? Then I have the perfect opportunity for you.
A large, leading UK Consultancy is seeking an experienced and ambitious Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their incredible team. This position can be based from either Manchester or North Wales. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with several years post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highway geotechnical design and construction.
- Competitive, generous salary
- 25 days holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- An extensive working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European standards, and Codes of Practice
- Preparation of schemes for invitation of tender using the NEC3 form of contract, the specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement for Highway Works
- Excellent communication skills
- Evidence of the skill to consult and negotiate on engineering schemes and contractual matters
- Skills to use computers with a satisfactory level of skill in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of relevant highway and civil engineering statutory procedures with particular reference to Health and Safety
- A full UK driving license
- Proven delivery of Geotechnical engineering solutions to projects at a variety of scales and complexities assisting with projects so that they are delivered on time and on budget
- A knowledge and understanding of Highways England geotechnical processes, specifications and standards
- Preparing detailed geotechnical reports
- The quality and accuracy of technical output
- Providing geotechnical support to other engineering disciplines
- Providing technical direction to project design teams
- Preparing detailed designs, specifications and construction documents
- Preparing cost estimate and feasibility evaluations of projects
Interested? Please apply now with your CV or for a confidential chat about your career options please call Niamh Finnegan at Randstad CPE on 0203 680 0640.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.