Senior Advisor - Maintenance Requirements Team
Highways England are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England’s motorways and major A roads. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased, this has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done. Considering that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It’s an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which is why we’re so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. At the same time, we’ll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk
Highways England is currently recruiting a Senior Advisor for our Maintenance Requirements Team on a 12 month fixed term contract to be based in Manchester.
This team sits in the Customer and Operational Requirements Group whose role is to maximise network capacity for our customers through setting policy, standards and requirements for the safe and effective operation of our new and existing roads. The diversity of our work means we work with many external and internal customers and stakeholders, to continuously improve how the network is operated.
The Group comprises five teams and alongside the Maintenance Requirements team are; Roadworks and Occupancy Requirements team, Incident Management Requirements, Safety Risk Requirements and Operational Capability Requirements.
The Senior Advisor role will focus on the development and implementation of maintenance policies, standards and best practices and the revision of associated technical advice and guidance to support the successful delivery of Highways England’s Plan and Strategies including delivering the Customer Service Outline Plan.
The Maintenance Requirements team is responsible for delivering a programme of interventions that support and enable the delivery of maintenance and operation of our road network. This includes:
- Supporting the development and delivery of a safe and serviceable network where no-one should be harmed when travelling or working
- Achieving beneficial improvements in the delivery of maintenance to our road network, that deliver best value and meet customer needs
- Working collaboratively through effective targeted engagement to advise, support and direct a range of internal customers and external suppliers
- Development of company-wide customer service standards that will draw on customer insight and seek to address key customer pain points.
Day to Day
- Act as a source of specialist subject matter expertise; to provide appropriate advice and guidance to Highways England, its contractors and suppliers and to support colleagues in resolving technical issues and in their personal development.
- Build collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including Highways England colleagues, to ensure we influence across boundaries and inform policy making in order to support overarching programmes and key performance targets for the network in line with the organisational aims, objectives and budgets , as well as license and legal obligations.
- Adoption of a holistic approach to development and transition process from tender development, embedment, training and monitoring of key requirements that underpin Asset Delivery (AD), including the Maintenance & Response Contracts.
- Implement appropriate project management methodologies to ensure the effective planning and control of project activities, the identification and mitigation of risks and effective management of project performance
- Engage with stakeholders to understand their business needs and to set the future direction of maintaining and operating the network.
- Ensure that technical solutions are appropriately documented and communicated to all stakeholders, to support implementation and to ensure the availability of audit evidence.
- Qualified to degree level OR relevant work experience and be a member of a relevant professional institution.
- Specific knowledge and operational experience within highways environment including the area of asset maintenance
- Experience of the successful delivery of complex projects or change programmes, including the establishment of project governance in line with APMP principles.
- Ability to collaborate with others to set standards and implement best practices, whilst dealing constructively with setbacks.
- Strong networking and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and present results.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You’re also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
Interviews are planned to take place from week commencing 22nd January 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you. Help keep England moving.