Senior Structural Engineering Technician
Atkins Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. Atkins is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high profile projects for Clients in both the Public and Private Sector.
Due to rapidly expanding UK & worldwide transportation opportunities, we have an opening for a Senior Engineering Technician within our Bridges Team in our Swansea office. Sitting within the Transportation Civils and Structures Practice, this is an exciting opportunity for motivated and talented candidates who are keen to undertake an interesting and varied role in supporting the delivery of engineering on Atkins’ Infrastructure projects portfolio.
Atkins is seeking a candidate able to demonstrate delivery of engineering drawings using 2D / 3D AutoCAD for civil and multidisciplinary design projects.
• Production of Civil / Structural CAD drawings and BIM model input.
• Implementation and compliance of Atkins CAD / BIM manuals and standards.
• Manage all CAD data in a secure and controlled manner.
• Advice and mentorship of junior CAD staff within the team on projects.
• Co-ordination of CAD and BIM model input to multi-disciplinary projects.
• Preparation and presentation of progress for discussion at meetings.
• Determine predicted workload, manage, monitor and report on resources and agree priorities and deadlines for drawing production with the project engineer.
• Collaborate with other offices in both the UK and overseas and check compliance of Atkins CAD standards and quality procedures.
• Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience working in both 2D and 3D
• Substantial experience with 2d / 3d AutoCAD and a commitment to continuing to develop their career in a 3D BIM environment.
• Experience in RC detailing of steel and composite bridges along with other highway structures
• Engineering or technically based training and professional qualification essential.
• Knowledge of infrastructure design processes working within a multiple discipline engineering environment, and within a project and commercially focused business would be an advantage;
• Identify, interpret and apply required industry/ client/ internal CAD standards. To ensure that our finished product is Project , Client and BIM compliant
• Resolution of CAD related problems/queries
• Guidance to new CAD staff on drawing compilation and EDMS
• Experience of a number of the following technical applications would be an advantage; Revit, CadsRC, Civil 3D, Navisworks, Sketchup, Infraworks, Inventor, Projectwise.
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• Able to demonstrate advanced CAD and BIM technical knowledge
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
• Good team player whilst remaining self-motivated
• Excellent problem solving abilities
• Excellent time management and prioritisation
• Creative thinker with a can do attitude.
• Confident and professional manner
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Online training for all Autodesk and Bentley products are available after initial assessment.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.