3 days left
- Full Time
Forestry Engineering Wales (FEW) is a Wales wide unit within NRW.
The team is made up of 30 professional engineering staff, located throughout Wales. FEW is primarily responsible for constructing and maintaining a safe network of roads, bridges and water control structures across the Welsh Government Woodland Estate.
We are unique throughout the civil engineering sector, in that we retain the in-house skills to produce our own construction aggregates, using mineral resources located throughout the estate. This enhances our reputation for the best practice application of sustainable construction techniques.
The role is to assist the Country Civil Engineer in achieving Natural Resources Wales’ policy and targets in Wales, through the supervision of NRW and contract resources. Assist in the planning of upcoming works required to meet stakeholder’s expectations and in monitoring construction of these programmes, which are delivered via the NRW civil engineering framework.
Job Specific Criteria
- Have a minimum level qualification of Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Site Management or equivalent relevant experience – Essential
- Experience in civil engineering contract management, project planning and project delivery via framework contracts – Essential
- Knowledge and understanding of CDM2015 and construction Health, Safety & Environmental risk management - Essential
- Knowledge of CAD packages such as AutoCAD and GIS such as ArcView - Essential
- Knowledge of forest road (wet bound macadam) and bridge construction techniques, and experience of working in a rural / upland environment - Desirable
- Experience of compiling tender documents/drawings using NEC3 form of contract - Desirable
Interviews to take place on: Week 14 – 25 May 2018
If you have any queries please contact: Andy Perry 0300 065 4755