Principal Highways Asset Engineer
This business critical post is pivotal in assisting the City Council in meeting its statutory obligations.
As a member of the Highways Services Team you will be responsible for
- Project management, coordination and delivery of the capital schemes including the strengthening of the £90m part DfT funded A38(M) Tame Valley Viaduct.
- Engagement with consultants and contractors, stakeholder liaison including obtaining approvals from Network Rail, Environment Agency, market testing, contract documentation and procurement.
- Contract management, site supervision as well as financial management and budget control.
- Assistance in the delivery of the City Council’s overall statutory obligations as the highway authority including AIP processes.
- Assistance with the development and implementation of the asset management plans and development of maintenance regimes.
You will be a professional chartered engineer with detailed experience in project management and procurement of capital and revenue schemes with complex interfaces. You are familiar with stakeholder liaison, procurement rules and asset management.
The role requires excellent management, organisational, interpersonal and influencing skills with strong technical knowledge and drive.
For informal enquiries, please contact Kamyar Tavassoli, Highways Services Manager on 0121 303 7346.
Closing date: 02 July 2018
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.”