HS2 Project Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
With a strong family-oriented ethos dating back to the original formation of the company in1955, Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd is listed as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the UK. We feel strongly about the development of our staff and understand the importance of all our employees feeling part of the Company’s success.
With a turnover approaching £500 million we undertake major multi-disciplinary construction projects within Building, Civil Engineering, Demolition, Land Remediation, Land Restoration, Sports & Leisure, and Rail.
HS2 Project Manager
We at Buckingham Group are currently recruiting for a HS2 Project Manager who will take overall responsibility for delivering exemplar civil engineering project(s) across our ever-growing civil engineering contracting sector. The Project Manager will be accountable for all aspects of Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Project Financial Performance & reporting, Project Delivery Programme, Supply Chain, and Staff Development.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high-speed rail network. As well as improving the number of passengers, the new scheme will shorten journey times between within the UK.
- Lead manage, maintain, enforce, monitor and promote high standards of HSEQ on project(s) and set minimum standards for the team to follow
- Continually seek to satisfy the customer and any stakeholder achieving high standards of customer service and expectation management. Secure repeat business whilst managing all areas of project success
- Lead, manage, monitor and communicate on programme and site management - fully understand the programme and produce contract programme and procurement schedules.
- Lead the control and monitoring of project costs, plus financial and commercial performance
- Ensure ALL employees, including sub-contract employees, are instructed on BGCL Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements, including project specific needs.
- Train/develop all staff under your control – be an integral part of the appraisal process, understand training / development needs
- Liaise closely with the commercial team in the financial aspects of the project, fully understanding costs, value and potential opportunities
- Business Improvement – continually seek to improve business processes
- Build positive Supply Chain relationships in all areas of disciplines, and ensure that all supply chain have clear lines of responsibilities and scope
- Lead on ensuring design and construction value engineering and innovation
- Produce results which create excellent project performance, e.g. client satisfaction, profitable and positive high-performing subcontractors and suppliers, compliance within the intended standards for health, safety, environment and quality, excellent planning standards and commercial performance
Key Skills Needed
- Qualified in Civil Engineering
- Previous Project Management experience with a similar Contractor
- Leading and managing projects from £5m to £20m in size
- Build people relationships at all levels
- Managing expectations
- Programming and planning – including use of various software
- Cost Planning / Cashflow management
- Coaching / Mentoring skills
Added Information about this role
- Joining a fantastic team orientated organisation
- The ability to develop your career within an ever-growing organisation
- Career progression
- Working in an established successful team
- Company Car, laptop and phone provided
- Long term tracked career development within the role
At Buckingham Group we understand how important it is to support and reward our employees and we feel our progressive benefits package has something to suit everyone, so there’s never been a better time to work for us. Please look at some of our excellent benefits below…
- Competitive salary
- Generous Pension scheme
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Annual leave of 25 days raising with service and an option to buy more
- Health and wellbeing benefits such as cycle to work scheme
- Work Life benefits such as child care vouchers and life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd provide a competitive salary which will be dependent on the candidate’s relevant skills and experience
Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for HS2 Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly