HS2 Project Commercial Manager
With a strong family-oriented ethos dating back to the original formation of the company in1955, Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd is listed as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the UK. We feel strongly about the development of our staff and understand the importance of all our employees feeling part of the Company’s success.
With a turnover approaching £500 million we undertake major multi-disciplinary construction projects within Building, Civil Engineering, Demolition, Land Remediation, Land Restoration, Sports & Leisure, and Rail.
HS2 Project Commercial Manager
We at Buckingham Group Contracting are currently recruiting for a HS2 Project Commercial Manager that will take responsibility for the strategy and execution of the Commercial and Quantity Surveying function on allocated project(s) for the HS2 Sector.
Responsibility will be within limits defined by the Commercial Manager, to fulfil the requirements of the Company in maximising quality of service and profitability. Whilst ensuring that all relevant Company Group & Sector Specific Procedures and Policies are met, in accordance with the Integrated Business Management System.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high-speed rail network. As well as improving the number of passengers, the new scheme will shorten journey times between within the UK.
- Manage and understand in detail the cost, value and risks of each project managed
- Provide innovation and leadership in establishing cost savings, client win win opportunities for gaining margin and managing risks
- Develop, manage, ensure and in some cases, undertake accurate cost forecasting for each project
- Assisting the Commercial Manager in implementing HS2 Framework Project Controls for both internally and the Supply Chain.
- Establish Commercial Strategy and Framework for the project and agree, amend and monitor the effectiveness this with the (Construction) Director and Commercial Manager.
- Manage and develop subordinate Commercial Staff on the allocated project.
- Compile Project specific commercial issues for reporting and presentation at Client progress meetings
- Supporting the HS2 Bid Team with sourcing supply chain and measurement / taking-off support.
- Support the PM and Site Team Foreman in jointly ensuring the working environment is that of trust, integrity, motivation and enjoyment.
- Ensuring that correct contractual procedures are operated for Main Contracts and Sub-Contracts.
- Monitor that, wherever possible, Sub-Contract conditions correlate with Main Contract Conditions and maximum risk transfer is achieved.
- Ensuring that ‘special’ Main Contract Conditions are included within Sub-Contracts.
- Maximise fair margin recovery through Clients and Sub-Contractors accounts.
- Increase cash flow through external valuations and control Sub-contractor accounts.
- Ensure payments are on time, and cash flow for the business is maximised
Key Skills Needed
- Experience in Civil Engineering Quantity Surveying
- Quantity Surveyor experience and qualified
- Commercial Management Background
- Cost Planning / Cashflow management
- Programming and planning
- Coaching / Mentoring skills
- Procurement, Estimating & Tendering
Rewards and added Information about this role
- Working on the prestigious HS2 Civil Engineering Project
- Opportunities for career development and progression within an ever-expanding business
- Working in an established successful team
- Company Car, laptop and phone provided
- Long term tracked career development within the role
- Preferably located along the HS2 / M40 corridor – Aylesbury to Birmingham
We at Buckingham Group understand how important it is to support and reward our employees and we feel our progressive Benefits Package has something to suit everyone, so there’s never been a better time to work for us. Please look at some of our excellent benefits below…
- Competitive annual salary
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Generous Pension scheme
- Annual leave of 25 days raising with service and an option to buy more
- Health and wellbeing benefits such as cycle to work scheme
- Work Life benefits such as child care vouchers and life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd provide a competitive salary which will be dependent on the candidate’s relevant skills and experience
Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.