Station Civil Engineer
EDF Energy is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to take on the position of Station Civil Engineer at Dungeness B Power Station. The successful candidate will be a member of the Engineering Department reporting to the Components & Programmes Group Head.
Nature, Scope & Principal Accountabilities
As a Civil Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Managing the equipment reliability, maintenance policy and acting as the technical conscience for the Pre-stressed Concrete Pressure Vessel, Civil Structures (including, roofs, cladding and glazing), Drains (oily, foul & surface), Flood & Sea Defences, Roads & Fences and Cranes.
• Identifying risks and defining the need for significant investment in the above plant systems.
• Provision of civil engineering advice and oversight of defects, repairs and modifications.
• Acting as a point of contact for Civil Design Group, Design Authority and CTO at Barnwood and East Kilbride on civil matters.
• Provision of grey beam assessments.
• Coordination of LC28 civil inspections.
• Periodic Safety Review close-out of civil findings.
• Acting as Responsible Engineer (RE), author or verifier for engineering changes (ECs) to justify modifications to plant or variations to the safety case.
• Statutory Outage duties including PCPV tendon stressing.
• Liaising with peers within the fleet, sharing best practice and continually improving local and fleet performance.
The successful candidate for this role will be required have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, be self-motivated with a positive attitude and able to work under their own initiative. Enthusiasm, drive and ownership are as important to the role as innovation to improve station performance.
The successful candidate will be also be required to demonstrate the ability to build effective networks and relationships to influence at all levels both internally and externally to the Station to support business plan objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Ideally you should possess the following:
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Ability to build and maintain effective cross functional relationships and effective networks
• Excellent team working and team building skills
• Analytical approach with “can do” problem solving ability
• Ability to act autonomously
• Relevant skills in project management and delivery of technical work, preferably in the nuclear industry.
As a minimum, applicants will have a relevant HNC (or equivalent). Candidates with a relevant degree or previous experience in a Civil Engineering environment and already hold Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer Status will have an advantage.
The salary for this appointment will be dependent on the successful candidate’s relevant skills, knowledge and experience and will be within the Engineering Process Competence Model.