Senior Quantity Surveyor
Permanent vacancy for Senior Quantity Surveyor job in Hampshire and Sussex
Your new company
A Top 5 nationwide civils contractor is looking to expand their team on a new £multi-million coastal defence scheme. The company deliver high profile projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on. Both in the UK and internationally, they providing expertise working on long-term, large-scale contracts - building close, collaborative relationships with clients. Their teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to residents, businesses and the environment. The corporation work closely with their supply chain, to employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects. They value diversity and celebrate individual differences, and strongly believe that their inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation
A major Coastal Defence Project delivering vital sea defences to create a 4.km new defence to protect 8000 homes from future flood events. Works to include - Marine works, coastal protection; Urban renewal & environmental improvements; Decorative Landscaping; Revetment & rock armour; logistics of materials and plant; anti-scour protection; beach management and associated works. This is a high profile, interesting and exciting scheme, that has attracted media attention (already covered by the BC).
The Role & Requirements
- Senior Quantity Surveyor experience with a track record in managing all costs relating to building and/or civil engineering projects
- Chartered Membership of the RICS, ICES or CIOB
- Previous coastal experience
- Pre-contract through to final accounts
- Understanding and implementing the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc
- Coordinate any responses required with Commercial Management.
- Liaising with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies.
- Responsible for Cost management for project/section of works
- Maintaining procurement schedules and inputting into project procurement strategy
- Assisting procurement in the preparation and issue of ITT's, subcontract documentation enquiries, other documentation and negotiations
- BSc or HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
- Good communication skills
- Good decision-making skills and ability to cope well under pressure
What you'll get in return
- Salary £60,000 + Car allowance £5400 + package + pension
- Opportunity to further career with Top 5 national contractor
- Opportunity to work on a £multi-million contract from start on site through to completion
- Company currently has a £6bn pipeline
- This project is programmed for 3 -5 years and future projects could include - Highways; aviation; rail etc
- Free on-site parking
- Full corporate benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.