We are currently looking to appoint a Highways/Civil Design Engineer in our Bury St Edmunds office. As a member of our motivated and friendly Civil and Structural Engineering team, you will work on a wide variety of schemes ranging in complexity, predominantly in the East of England.
Your primary duties will include:
- Assist in the management of roads and infrastructure projects for both public authorities and private clients
- Undertake analysis and assist in the preparation of designs, drawings, reports, feasibility studies and contract documents under supervision
- Site meetings and visits prior to-, during- and after construction
Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice working within the property, infrastructure and construction industry. Our Practice employs nearly 500 people across 11 UK offices and has operated for over 150 years within the UK property market.
Key skills and experience we’d like you to have:
- Relevant degree from an ICE approved course
- Experience in highways and infrastructure design on a variety of projects from feasibility to construction – min. 2 years in a relevant role
- Competency in using AutoCAD, Civils 3D and Windes
- Working knowledge of highway design standards and drainage to sewers for adoption
- A commercial awareness and an understanding of different forms of contract
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
You will receive a competitive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance (BUPA)
- 26 days’ leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- ICE training scheme / further education support
Our team is located at a spacious new office on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds (IP32 7FA), with free on-site parking, the latest IT equipment, air conditioning, staff kitchen and open plan arrangement.
If you are interested in this Highways/Civil Design Engineer role in Bury St Edmunds, please apply below with your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary package or expectations.