Senior Highways/Civil Design Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
We are currently looking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineer to join our Highways/Infrastructure team based at our Leicester head office.
As a member of our motivated and friendly team, you will work on a wide variety of schemes ranging in complexity, both small and very extensive, across the whole of the UK. Your main duties will include:
- Managing roads and infrastructure projects for both public authorities and private clients
- Leading the civil engineering design on multi-disciplinary schemes, working collaboratively with other design disciplines both internal to Pick Everard and with external consultants
- Representation at internal and external meetings, carrying out a client-facing role
- Preparation of feasibility studies and report writing
- Site meetings and visits prior to-, during- and after construction
Key skills and experience:
- BSc or equivalent degree from an ICE approved course
- IEng or CEng status - highly desirable
- Experience in highways and infrastructure design on a variety of projects from feasibility to construction – min. 5 years in a relevant role
- Drainage design experience: SUDS, pumping stations, storm water attenuation, external building drainage for housing developments, schools and hospitals
- A commercial awareness and an understanding of different forms of contract
- Competency in using AutoCAD and ideally Civils 3D
- Working knowledge of highways specifications
- Knowledge of Section 278, 38 and 104 agreements
- Ability to confidently liaise with clients and other stakeholders
Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice. Our goal is simple: to be the most highly regarded consultant in the property and construction industry. Delivered through 11 UK offices, the firm employs nearly 500 staff and has operated for over 150 years within the UK property market.
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance, and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
You will receive a competitive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance (BUPA)
- 26 days’ leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days' additional leave
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Our head office is based in the centre of Leicester, with excellent public transport links and discounted car parking nearby.
If you are interested in this Senior Highways/Civil Engineer role in Leicester, please apply below with your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary package or expectations.