Infrastructure Drainage Engineer
Infrastructure and Drainage Engineer job in Epsom, £35,000-£45,000
Your new company
My client has an immediate need for a Civil Engineer to join their office in Epsom. You will be required to lead on the design delivery of infrastructure for transportation and development projects with emphasis on Storm/Foul drainage design, Railway and Highway design including SuDS features. My client actively encourages strong, direct relationships with our clients, internal and external, so you will also be required to work with existing internal and external clients developing and building networks that will underpin new business. You will also share our passion for environmental and sustainable solutions and work with our clients to make most of the opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification;
- CEng or IEng MICE/CIWEM or equivalent or nearing qualification;
- Experience in the conceptual and detailed design of development/transportation infrastructure - storm/foul drainage, including SUDS to various relevant standards;
- Experience in the use of design software (MicroDrainage and/or Civils 3D/Microstation);
- Be conversant with the CIRIA SuDS manual;
- Working knowledge of the CDM Regulations.
- Experience in leading teams undertaking the conceptual and detailed design of highway/railway drainage including SuDS treatment/attenuation provisions;
- Experience of the transportation and/or housing, commercial sector;
- Experience working with private developers;
- Good understanding of design procedures, risk assessments (design, site etc), change control, checking and review;
- Relationships with the relevant Statutory bodies e.g. EA and LLFA's;
- Experience in the design and detailing of building drainage and external works packages;
- Ability to develop, price and agree scope of services;
- Understanding/Experience of commercial aspects e.g. Contracts;
What you'll get in return
- 25 days annual leave
- Holiday buy/sell
- Travel insurance
- Dental/Life/Health insurance
- Company car/car allowance(role dependant)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.