Structural Engineer (Rail)
A great opportunity is available for a Structural Engineer to join a well known, multi-disciplinary design consultancy in SE1. This vacancy is for the rail team within the company.
You will have proven experience in designing most or all of the below:
- rail structures and buildings in the UK
- retaining structures
- over, under and footbridges
- culverts and crossings
- earth structures.
You will be able to lead graduates and less experienced engineers and manage internal resources for delivery. You will be entirely comfortable taking responsibility for delivery of tasks and projects.
- 1st or upper 2nd BEng/MEng (Hons) degree or equivalent high quality technical training
- actively working toward Chartered Civil or Structural engineer
- demonstrable success in the execution of detail design
- knowledge of CDM regulations
- familiarity with Quality Management and Quality Management Systems
- the ability to identify, develop and present civil engineering solutions
- a good understanding of geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics
- desire to drive projects forward and take the initiative where necessary
- ability to lead small or elements of larger projects
- ability to assist with fee proposals, monitor project progress and spend
- ability to work independently and see tasks through to completion with minimal input
- ability to function well within a team environment.
The company are offering a competitive salary, 24 days holiday which will increase with experience as well as a generous pension scheme.
This is a fantastic opportunity to continue your development and take an active role of responsibility in your new job.
Please send me your CV in Word format if suitable for this position.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.