Associate Director for Structures
M-EC is a privately-owned engineering and environmental multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating nationally from six offices and employing over 70 staff. We serve both private and public sector clients in sectors including residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare.
Following rapid expansion over recent years the Company is currently undergoing an exciting change programme and we are seeking an Associate Director for Structures to join our thriving teams in either our Leicestershire or Milton Keynes offices.
The main focus of our structural teams is designs of foundations and super-structure in reinforced concrete, steel and timber, including calculations, construction detail drawings and reports. Our structures team also provides support across the Company, helping to deliver a wide variety of projects. If you are an experienced Structural Engineer looking for an exciting challenge then this position could be the perfect role for you.
Key role responsibilities:
- Management and development of the structural engineering team;
- Design project management, co-ordination with other disciplines/offices, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing;
- Working collaboratively with engineers and other technicians to deliver multiple project designs;
- Business development with existing clients and creating new contacts/opportunities;
- Implement high design standards and deliver BIM (Building Information Modelling) solutions to projects; and
- The mentoring and supervision of structural engineering apprentices, technicians and engineers.
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
- A minimum qualification of a degree in Structural Engineering or similar;
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and member of IStructE or ICE;
- Competent in wide variety of structural design schemes;
- Working knowledge of Building Control, NHBC and Highway Authority submission and approval processes;
- Proficient user of AutoCAD and Revit;
- Have the ability to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals;
- Proficient in the use of structural design software such as Tekla/Tedds;
- Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to work within a team and also able work under own initiative; and
If you feel that you have the skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you.
M-EC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To obtain an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please contact HR Manager, Joanna Stevens, on 07399 880667.
Closing date for applications: 15th February 2019 at 12noon
Provisional date for interview: 28th February 2019
Apply for Associate Director for Structures
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly