Associate Civil Engineer
M-EC is a privately-owned engineering and environmental multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating nationally from six offices and employing over 70 staff. We serve both private and public sector clients in sectors including residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare.
Following rapid expansion over recent years the Company is currently undergoing an exciting change programme and we are seeking an Associate Civil Engineer to join our thriving infrastructure teams in either our Leicestershire or Milton Keynes offices. The main focus of our infrastructure teams are projects in highways, drainage, flood risk and residential development, but also supporting our other teams across the UK to deliver a wide variety of projects. If you are an experienced Civil Engineer looking for an exciting challenge then this position could be the perfect role for you.
Key role responsibilities:
- Management and development of the civil engineering team;
- Design project management, co-ordination with other disciplines/offices, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing;
- Working collaboratively with engineers and other technicians to deliver S38/S104/S278 type infrastructure scheme designs;
- Business development with existing clients and creating new contacts/opportunities;
- Implement high design standards and deliver BIM (Building Information Modelling) solutions to projects; and
- The mentoring and supervision of civil engineering apprentices, technicians and engineers.
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
- A minimum qualification of a degree in Civil Engineering or similar;
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and member of The Institution of Civil Engineers;
- Competent in infrastructure scheme designs;
- Working knowledge of Building Control, NHBC, Highway Authority and Sewerage Undertaker adoption standards and approval processes;
- Proficient user of AutoCAD;
- Have the ability to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals;
- Proficient in the use of infrastructure design software such as XPSite3D, Autodesk Civils3D + Vehicle Swept Path, Causeway PDS and Micro Drainage;
- Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to work within a team and also able work under own initiative; and
- Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload.
If you feel that you have the skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you.
M-EC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To obtain an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please contact HR Manager, Joanna Stevens, on 07399 880667.