Senior Civil Engineer
M-EC is a privately-owned engineering and environmental multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating nationally from six offices and employing over 70 staff. We serve both private and public sector clients in sectors including residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare.
Following rapid expansion over recent years the Company is currently undergoing an exciting change programme and we are now seeking Senior Civil Engineers to join our thriving infrastructure teams in both our Hugglescote and Milton Keynes offices. The main focus of our infrastructure teams are projects in highways, drainage, flood risk and residential development, but also supporting our other teams across the UK to deliver a wide variety of projects. If you want to expand your engineering experience and abilities, this position could be the perfect fit for you.
Key role responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively with engineers and other technicians to deliver infrastructure scheme designs;
- Highway design (S38 / S278) both preliminary and detailed;
- Drainage design (S104 / S98) both strategic and detailed;
- Design of foul pumping stations, SUDS, flow control structures and balancing facilities;
- Residential and commercial external works design;
- Earthworks design and cut/fill assessments; and
- The line management, mentoring and supervision of a sub-team.
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
- A degree in Civil Engineering, or similar;
- Incorporated or Chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers;
- Proficient user of AutoCAD;
- Have the ability to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals;
- Competence in infrastructure design software such as XPSite3D, Autodesk Civils3D + Vehicle Swept Path, Causeway PDS and Micro Drainage is desirable;
- Expert in infrastructure scheme designs;
- Good IT skills, including MS Office;
- Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to work within a team and also able work under own initiative; and
- Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload.
If you feel that you have the skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you.
M-EC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To obtain an application pack please email email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please contact HR Manager, Joanna Stevens, on 07399 880667.