Principal Engineer - Rail
Would you welcome the opportunity to work for a company that offers a progressive environment of experience and continued development and prides itself on its positive attitude, excellent communication and ability to delivers on promises? If these values are important to you then this could be the opportunity for you.
Our client is a long established, international and award winning multi-discipline engineering consultancy working on a diverse range of interesting and challenging projects.
They are currently looking for a Principal Engineer to join their newly formed Assessment team in Ipswich. Typical projects include bridges, stations, buildings, lineside structures, culverts, drainage, car parks, depots and temporary works.
- Lead design teams in the design of railway structures. Experience of leading design teams in the design of railway, highway or other civil engineering structures will be required.
- Design railway structures to Eurocodes, British Standards and railway group standards. Experience of producing designs to British Standards and Eurocodes will be required.
- Assess railway structures including platforms, canopies, bridges and buildings in accordance with relevant standards. Experience is essential.
- Lead others and self in the inspection of civil engineering structures on site. Prior experience of carrying out inspection work will be required.
- Interpret engineering defects to existing structures and to produce technical reports to a high standard.
- Line manage and provide mentoring to more junior employees. Experience of doing so will be expected.
- Manage client expectations, attend project meetings with external parties and manage project commercial activities. Experience will be required.
- Promote and develop the business in conjunction with the Directors and other management team personnel.
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles.
- Hold a degree in structural or civil engineering
- A minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) degree in a relevant subject.
- A relevant professional qualification.
- Relevant experience of carrying out a similar role within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent standard of written and verbal English
- UK driving licence.
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- Annual performance related bonus
- Excellent career development prospects
If the above sound like the opportunity you have been waiting for then please send your CV to Graham Ventham.