Principal Civil Technician
1 day left
- Full Time
The AECOM UK Development Infrastructure team in the UK South East (London /St Albans/ Norwich/ Basingstoke) is looking for an enthusiastic Principal /Senior Civil Technician to expand its current team profile and capability.
The company and team:
AECOM is a leading global multi-disciplinary business providing services of every kind to the built environment. We operate across all disciplines and work on some of the most iconic and prestigious projects currently in progress across the globe. Our significant and award winning reputation is both founded and built upon our commitment to our Clients and the strength and breadth of our expertise in servicing our Clients requirements and fully understanding their needs. We work collaboratively and supportively with some of the most prominent Client organisations both domestically in the UK and globally and have built a significant reputation in demonstrating significant expertise and value to the project process from inception through to completion and beyond.
The multi-disciplinary nature of the UK Development Infrastructure team means that we lead on a variety of projects from inception (due diligence, master planning support and scheme viability - including drainage, flooding, utilities and highways), through to detailed design, value engineering, design delivery, project management, execution and handover.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, the Principal Civil Technician / Senior Civil Technician will play an important role within the UK South East team including overseeing junior Technicians/Graduates working to support with the delivery of projects. This role will suit an excellent communicator and team player and will provide the opportunity for the candidate to work closely with other internal and external multi-disciplinary teams in a fast paced environment. The role would ideally suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic and diverse organisation – career progression opportunities are widely available and fully encouraged.
The London & South East offices have an established track record of successfully delivering high profile development and infrastructure schemes and has a truly multi-disciplinary capability. You will enjoy excellent opportunities to expand your project and client team experiences within a company that has established a successful business model across local, national and international geographies. You will work on a variety of exciting projects and enjoy working in a vibrant team, modern environment and in a high quality location.
The ideal candidate will have a sound general knowledge of Development Infrastructure design software platforms and UK design principles which can be successfully brought to bear on these projects.
As a Development Infrastructure Principal Civil Technician or Senior Civil Technician, you will:
- Have knowledge and experience of S278 and S38 schemes including detailed highway and drainage design CAD drafting requirements;
- Have knowledge and experience of S104 schemes including detailed drainage design CAD drafting requirements;
- Maintain an overview of industry developments in CAD technologies, Standards and Codes of Practice;
- Develop technical drawings to support S38, S278 and S104 submissions;
- Ability to work independently and to manage and undertake the gathering and review of planning and infrastructure data;
- Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of presentations and information for presentation (by others as required) to internal and external Stakeholders;
- Provide updates to project managers/directors in terms of the progress of tasks in line with programmes;
- Provide CAD direction and technical design software advice to junior project team members, assisting in training and developing other team members to their full potential;
- Mentoring junior members of staff and developing team spirit and collaborative behaviours;
- Demonstrate and deliver in support of AECOM’s core Vision & Values.
You will be supported and encouraged to maintain your personal development requirements/CPD and embrace initiatives to help you further develop your own skills and career. AECOM fully supports individual’s requirements to develop and build their experience, professional qualifications and skill sets.
- Suitable experience in the preparation and drafting of highways and drainage design;
- Suitable experience in AutoCAD, (Civils 3D and/or MX/PDS software preferable);
- Experience in traffic signage and road marking for highways schemes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience or a desire to mentor and supervise more junior colleagues.
- Relevant qualifications – (academic or experience based).
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer:
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.