Our South East Development Infrastructure business is seeking to recruit an Associate Director to join the Development (Engineering) Infrastructure group based in London. The operational remit for this role will assume responsibility for supporting the leadership of specialist Development Engineering staff based in a number of offices across the South East. The successful candidate would support the senior management team reporting to the Regional Director with a focus on project delivery, business development and growing our Development Infrastructure business capability in the South East.
The company and team:
AECOM is a leading global multi-disciplinary business providing services of every kind to the built environment. We operate across all disciplines and work on some of the most iconic and prestigious projects currently in progress across the globe. Our significant and award winning reputation is both founded and built upon our commitment to our Clients and the strength and breadth of our expertise in servicing our Clients requirements and fully understanding their needs. We work collaboratively and supportively with some of the most prominent Client organisations both domestically in the UK and globally and have built a significant reputation in demonstrating significant expertise and value to the project process from inception through to completion and beyond.
The multi-disciplinary nature of the UK Development Infrastructure team means that we lead on a variety of projects from inception (due diligence, master planning support and scheme viability - including drainage, flooding, utilities and highways), through to detailed design, value engineering, design delivery, project management, execution and handover.
Our wide range of Clients are from the private and public sector in the UK and overseas and include developers, land owners, house builders, blue chip companies, universities, local authorities and contractors, amongst many others. Our teams also work on a number of multi-disciplinary projects as part of a wider team with colleagues across the AECOM business globally including Aviation, Ports & Marine, Sustainable Cities and our Project Management/Cost Management business – again amongst many others.
The ideal candidate will have a sound general knowledge across all of these engineering disciplines and have quality experience of leading, developing, managing and delivering coordinated proposals at all stages of the process.
As an Associate Director Civil Engineering / Development Infrastructure, you will:
- Overall responsibility for delivery of projects to contractual arrangements and the financial outcome agreed;
- Facing and Liaising with senior stakeholders, including Client Project Directors (or equivalent) to resolve issues early and safeguard AECOM interests;
- Presenting to Clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner;
- Receive project brief and carry out briefing of the team members and lead on analysing data, development of design drawings and report production;
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design;
- Act as a Project Manager/Director as necessary including monitoring financial and commercial performance;
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief;
- Attend Project Progress meetings along with necessary Client meetings;
- Prepare detailed Client briefs or fee proposals for Client submission and contribute to major bids;
- Liaise with current and proposed Clients to develop repeat and new business for the company;
- Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM’s global capabilities;
- Lead on business development and work winning within the region with both public and private sector Clients;
- Mentoring and supporting the development of Project Managers and Technical Leads;
- Expanding the AECOM business and assisting with the delivery of business targets;
- Becoming a Development Infrastructure ‘go to’ expert for the AECOM business in the South East.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent);
- Membership of a Professional (and relevant) Institution;
- Successful track record of building Client relationships and identifying, pursuing and winning work;
- A highly motivated and ambitious individual with a passion to succeed and develop an industry leading Development Infrastructure team;
- Solid experience working at a senior level;
- Proven business leader and a recognised technical expert within the within the UK Development sector;
- A senior professional with proven experience in the successful delivery of Development Infrastructure projects for both public and private sector Clients;
- High degree of competence in project management and commercially aware;
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent team player and purveyor of collaborative behaviours.
- MSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Full UK Drivers Licence.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer:
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.