Senior Asset Manager
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. Our ingenuity is based on working together to deliver for our clients, when someone says “what if there is no solution” we say “think again” – Wood make it possible.
This position sits within the growing and dynamic Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions team in the UK, the objective of the role will be to support our clients in their role as an Asset Steward and if required, accreditation to ISO 55000.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of asset management related projects and the successful candidate will be expected to be able to apply asset management principles across a range of infrastructure sectors such as; transport, waste, water, defence, health and housing.
The role will entail working closely with Infrastructure clients to develop/further define their asset management objectives strategically but also operationally, working closely with client and Wood subject matter experts to do so.
The role offers the opportunity to work across all service lines within Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions and connect with peer teams across the globe ensuring shared learning and development for the successful candidate. As a global multi-disciplinary consultancy, Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a wide range of service agreements with major IT vendors in which the successful candidate can utilise in their role and focus their development with the company.
Successful candidate will be based in London, but required to travel regionally and nationally as per role and project needs.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
The primary role is to assist the Principal Asset Manager in the continuous development and client delivery of Wood’s Strategic Asset Management Planning Service ‘Pillar' which aligns to the requirements of ISO 55001, key responsibilities include;
- Assisting the development of a client’s Asset Management policy through the analysis and definition of policy requirements
- Supporting the development or optimising existing Strategic Asset Management Plans (SAMP) through developing SMART asset management objectives that are aligned with the client organisational objectives
- Supporting the development or optimising existing Asset Management Plans (AMP) by ensuring they include the asset lifecycle management work schedules, estimated cost of such work (CapEx & OpEx), performance and condition of client assets and asset risk profiles
- Utilising client Asset Data and open source data to undertake analytics and provide/present key insights on the performance of client assets to enable appraisal of investment options to inform Strategic Asset Management Plans
- Supporting the Infrastructure Asset Management team to identify new opportunities and leads and develop client bids and proposals
- Participate in Woods’ cross-sector ‘Asset Management Community of Practice’.
Management Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to engage with all levels of stakeholder, both internally and externally
- Communicate plans effectively back to clients
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and new content in a very broad range of situations
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and contribute with a problem-solving, investigative and innovative skillset.
- Able to work at pace and under pressure.
- A strong communicator with keen observation skills and critical thinking ability.
- Experience in data preparation, validation and verification
- Experience working in an infrastructure asset management organisation or consultancy
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of principles and methods of strategic asset management and business planning.
- Demonstrable analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills in either consulting or asset-intensive organization’s for senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrably good report writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Previous experience in responding to tenders and supporting the development of bids/proposals
- Working knowledge of Asset Management Standards – ISO 55000/1/2
- Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certification
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area